A Comprehensive Guide to Infertility Treatment in Iran :Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after one year or more of unprotected sexual intercourse. It is a significant global issue that impacts 1 in 6 individuals, about 17.5%, of the world population. Infertility can lead to deep depression, social judgment, and financial struggles that can influence people’s well-being. Fortunately, nowadays infertility treatment is possible by using medical therapies, such as medication or assisted reproductive technology (ART) techniques based on the doctor’s decision.
Iran is one of the best destinations for infertility treatment because it has high-technology infertility clinics that offer ART methods such as IVF (In vitro fertilization), ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection), IUI (Intrauterine Insemination), PGT-M (PGD), PGT-A (PGS), sperm donation, egg donation, and surrogacy.
It needs to be noted that all the mentioned technologies are both legal and legitimate in Iran for married couples. These advantages along with equipped fertility clinics, experienced fertility specialists, and relatively low costs compared to other countries, have made Iran the dominant country among others in the world.
History of Infertility Treatment in Iran
Iran has made remarkable progress in infertility services from the 1980s to the early 2000s. Infertility clinics offering various treatments such as IVF have been established during this period. The first IVF baby in Iran was born in 1990.
Since the early 2000s, high-technology infertility services have been developed, and advanced ART methods such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, PGT-M (PGD), and PGT-A (PGS)have become more widely available. Today, Iran has over 80 infertility centers to diagnose and treat different infertility problems.
TebMedTourism is an Iranian medical provider that offers various infertility treatment services, including IVF, ICSI, surrogacy, gamete donation, etc. Although there are a lot of infertility centers throughout Iran, many foreign patients all over the world choose TebMedTourism each year, because of our internationally high reputation and high success rates. Famous fertility organizations such as Royan Institute and Kariminejad-Najmabadi Pathology & Genetics Center are our partners in the infertility treatment field.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Infertility Treatment in Iran
- It is legal and legitimate for married couples
- Affordability of treatment and accommodation (costs are very competitive in Iran because its currency is at its lowest price)
- Safety (Iran is among the safest countries in the world, especially for treatments)
- High-technology fertility clinics
- Experienced fertility specialists
- Qualified medical staff
- High success rates
- Lack of documentation or weak medical records
- Lack of International authentication
- Online consultations with infertility specialists may not be possible due to the language barriers
- Lack of comprehensive package which covers all medical and non-medical needs
Advantages of Infertility Treatment in Iran through TebMedTourism
TebMedTourism has eliminated all potential defects in infertility treatment through the following items:
- Free online consultations in English, Arabic, and Urdu 24/7
- International authentication
- Complete documentation for each patient
- No waiting lists
- Collaborating with experienced attorneys well-versed in surrogacy laws.
- Availability of healthy surrogate mothers
- Providing all medical and non-medical services such as all fertility treatment types, getting visa, providing the internet, and accommodation, etc.
Infertility Treatment Methods in Iran
Many governments, including Iran’s, implement macro policies supporting childbearing to combat the decline in population rates. Iran’s government also places great importance on the family foundation, therefore infertility treatment methods such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, egg donation, surrogacy, PGD, PGS, etc. are legal and legitimate in this country.
Iran offers various infertility treatment methods comparable to those available in other modern countries. The most common infertility treatment methods in Iran include IVF, ICSI, PGD, PGS, egg donation, IUI, Surrogacy, laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, and medication therapy.
In Iran, the most frequently used methods for treating infertility are as follows:
Infertility Treatment Medications in Iran
The good news is that many cases of infertility can be treated by taking medication. Doctors may prescribe hormonal medications to help regulate ovulation for women or improve sperm production for men. Iran has become self-sufficient in the field of producing medications and equipment needed for infertility treatment in the last few years.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI):
IUI is commonly recommended for couples or individuals who have fertility challenges including:
- Mild male factor infertility
such as low sperm concentration, weak motility abnormalities in sperm size and shape (morphology), and ejaculation problems in male partners.
- Donor Sperm
Men with no or very poor-quality sperm, single women, and homo-sex couples.
- Women with mild to moderate endometriosis
- Women with cervical factor infertility
- Women with vaginismus
- Women with semen allergies
- Women with ovulation problems
- Unexplained Infertility as an initial treatment
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
IVF is the most common ART technique which is widely used. The term “In Vitro” means “in glass,” as the process occurs outside the woman’s body, typically in a laboratory setting. IVF involves collecting a woman’s eggs and a man’s sperm in a laboratory, and then inseminating the resulting embryos into the woman’s uterus. The first IVF birth occurred in England on July 25, 1978
IVF can be recommended for various fertility challenges, including:
- Serious male factor infertility
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Severe endometriosis
- Age-related infertility
- Genetic disorders
IVF with PGT will be used to screen embryos for genetic abnormalities before transfer.
- Ovulation disorders if previous treatments have been unsuccessful
- Unexplained infertility if other treatments have been unsuccessful
IVF can also assist with other methods such as PGD, PGS, Egg Donation, Sperm donation, and surrogacy to treat different infertility issues.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
ICSI is an advanced form of IVF. This method is used essentially to treat severe cases of male-factor infertility and has revolutionized the treatment of male infertility. In this method, a single sperm is injected directly into a mature egg cytoplasm.
Good Candidate for ICSI:
- A blockage that stops sperm from being ejaculated like vasectomy
- Use of Frozen Sperm
- ICSI is often used when sperm have been frozen especially if the sperm were retrieved surgically directly from the testicles or epididymis.
- Failure of several cycles of IVF treatment
- Unexplained fertility if other treatments like IUI and IVF have not been successful
- Severe male factor infertility
- Oligozoospermia (low sperm count)
- Absence of sperm in semen and its Presence in testicular tissue by TESE or microTESE
- Improper and abnormal shape of the sperm
- Sperm motility issues
- Sperm development problem
Surrogacy is a process in which a surrogate mother agrees to artificially become pregnant and give birth to the baby of another couple or person who is the legal and biological parent of the baby.
Good candidates for choosing surrogacy:
- Women with uterus problems such as the absence of a uterus or abnormal structure of it
- Women with frequent failure of infertility treatments
- Women with repeated abortions without known causes
- Having diseases that cause a high-risk pregnancy
It needs to be mentioned that although the surrogacy process is long, and it takes 10 to 14 months on average, we, as your agent, will shorten the duration of your stay in Iran to let you go back to your country. We do manage all the work on your behalf and pay the surrogate during the pregnancy period. All you need to do is just to come to Iran and take your baby home!
There are situations in which a couple is unable to produce viable eggs or sperm, or there is a risk of passing on genetic disorders to the fetus, in these cases the couple may consider using donor eggs or sperm. Egg and sperm donation typically includes IVF technology.
Egg donation: In order to maximize the chance of egg donation success, it is recommended that the donor should be under 35 years old. egg donors commonly are between 21 and 30 years old.
Best Candidates for using a donated egg:
- Women with ovarian problems such as low ovarian reserve, low-quality egg, premature ovarian failure, lost ovarian or congenital absence of ovaries
- Women with premature menopause
- Women with a genetic disorder
- Fertility preservation in case of some health conditions such as cancer
- Unexplained infertility
Sperm donation : In order to maximize the chance of sperm donation success, it is recommended that the donor age should be between 18 and 45 years old, and donors need to be healthy with good sperm quality.
Best Candidates for using donated sperm:
- Male partner with complete absence of sperm
- Men with genetic disorders
- Men with azoospermia
- Women with a history of recurrent or repeated miscarriages
- Unexplained infertility
Infertility Treatment Success Rates in Iran
IUI Success Rate in Iran : The success of IUI depends on several factors such as chosen clinic, age, infertility reason, and ovarian stimulation medications used during the treatment. Still, it can be said, for women under 35 years the success rate of IUI per cycle is 5-20%. Women over 35 may have slightly lower success rates
IVF Success Rate in Iran: IVF success rates vary depending on factors including selected clinic, age, infertility issues, and the number of embryos transferred.
In Iran, the success rate of IVF is equal to or higher than global statistics.
- For women under 35 years old: IVF success rate is around 40% in EACH embryo transfer cycle.
- For women over 35 years old: IVF success rate is around 20% in EACH embryo transfer cycle.
ICSI Success Rate in Iran :Undergoing ICSI has a much higher success fertilization rate than regular IVF, but it should be remembered that the successful implantation of embryos does not always lead to a successful pregnancy. Research shows that the success rate of IVF and ICSI is not very different.
- For women under 35, the ICSI birth success rate is 40-45% in EACH embryo transfer cycle.
- For women between 35-39 years, the ICSI birth success rate is 34.6% in EACH embryo transfer cycle.
- For women over 40, the ICSI success rate will reach 11.8% in EACH embryo transfer cycle.
Surrogacy Success Rate in Iran :When surrogacy is chosen to have a child, several medical evaluations are done on the future surrogate mother to ensure she is physically and mentally suitable for transferring the embryo. In addition, surrogates must have at least one healthy pregnancy. Therefore, Iran has a high success rate for surrogacy. In general, the success rate of implantation in surrogacy is between 60 and 80%, and once the surrogate is pregnant, the success rate of a healthy pregnancy is as high as 90%.
Gametes Donation Success Rate in Iran: The gametes donation success rate in Iran is high due to the availability of advanced medical technology, experienced medical professionals, and favorable conditions for egg and sperm retrieval and fertilization.; However, success rates can vary based on the medical history and the recipient’s condition including age, cause of infertility, and general health.
TebMedTourism Success Rates in Treating Infertility
The average success rate of infertility treatment by TebMedTourism is 57%.
Frequently Asked Questions about infertility treatment in Iran
- Can TebMedTourism get the visa for us?
Yes. Getting a visa is only one of our non-medical services.
- What is the success rate of infertility treatment by TebMedTourism?
The success rate of infertility treatment by TebMedTourism is 57% on average in each embryo transfer cycle.
- How much does IVF cost in TebMedTourism?
It depends on whether assisted treatment such as egg donation or PGD is going to be used for you or not. Generally, our IVF costs 2,800-5,500$.
- My husband would like to know is it safe to travel to Iran?
Yes, sure. Iran is a very safe country, especially for treatments.
- How much does your surrogacy package cost?
Our surrogacy packages cost 19,000-29,000$.
- How long do we need to stay in Iran after our surrogate mother’s childbirth?
It completely depends on your home country. Your stay will be between one week and one month.
- How do I start my infertility treatment in Iran with your company?
All you need to do at the first step is to contact us on WhatsApp to have a free private consultation with our expert. doctors any time of the day.
- How long will our IVF last in TebMedTourism?
You should stay in Iran for 3-4 weeks from the initial consultation to the embryo transfer.
- What percent is the surrogacy success rate in Iran?
The success rate of implantation in surrogacy is around 60% to 80%. and once the gestational carrier is pregnant, the success rate of a healthy pregnancy is above 90%.
- Why would we choose TebMedTourism among other fertility centers?
Free online consultations, affordability, providing non-medical services such as visa, the internet, and accommodation, having no waiting lists, good documentation, international authentication, having attorneys aware of surrogacy laws, and qualified surrogate mothers are reasons for TebMedTourism’s privilege privilege to other medical centers.
|1||IVF (In vitro fertilization)||-||-||-||3000$||More »|
|2||ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection)||-||-||-||3000$||More »|
|3||IUI (intrauterine insemination)||-||-||-||250$||More »|
|4||NVD||1600$||1400$||1200$||600$||1 – 2 days||More »|
|5||Hysterectomy||2400$||2200$||2000$||1400$||1 – 2 nights/ Vaginal||More »|
|6||D & C||1300$||1100$||900$||300$||1 night||More »|
|8||C/S (Cesarean Section)||1700$||1500$||1300$||750$||1-2nights||More »|
|10||Hysteroscopy + polypectomy||1600$||1400$||1200$||600$||1-2nights||More »|
|11||Advanced Endometriosis Microsurgery||4500$||4300$||4100$||3500$||More »|
|12||TESE (testicular sperm extraction)||1450$||1300$||1150$||600$||More »|
|15||Each IVF-ET cycle (complete cycle)||-||-||-||3200$||~21 days||More »|
|16||Each ICSI-ET cycle (complete cycle)||-||-||-||3200$||~21 days||More »|
|17||Each IVM-ET cycle (complete cycle)||-||-||-||3200$||~21 days||More »|
|18||Each blastocyst-ET cycle (complete cycle)||-||-||-||3000$||~21 days||More »|
|19||Embryo Freezing||-||-||-||350$||For one year/ ~21 days||More »|
|20||Thawing & Embryo Transfer||-||-||-||1000$||~21 days||More »|
|21||IUI cycle||-||-||-||600$||~21 days||More »|
|22||IVF+PGD||-||-||-||5500$||~21 days/sex selection or translocation||More »|
|23||ICSI+PGD||-||-||-||5500$||~21 days/sex selection or translocation||More »|
|24||IVF+Egg donation||-||-||-||5500$||~121 days||More »|
|25||IVF+Egg donation+PGD||-||-||-||6500$||~21 days/sex selection or translocation||More »|